The TIM Python Client is distributed as a Python package. It can be placed straight into your project root folder and imported directly, but it is recommended to install it as a system-wide package via
In order to use the TIM Python Client,vthe following requirements need to be fulfilled:
- Software requirements
- Python 3.7 or higher
- unzip utility
- Network requirements
- Permanent internet connection
- Sufficient privileges to make calls outside of firewall
- Target protocol: HTTPS (port 443)
- Target host: *.tangent.works
- License requirements
- Valid TIM license and corresponding user credentials
- License key
- User email address
- User password
Note: You can request a free 14-day Trial license.
Installing TIM Python Client with pip3¶
Follow the steps listed below to install the TIM Python Client as a system-wide package:
- Download the TIM Python Client (ZIP file).
Extract the downloaded ZIP file:
Change the working directory to the extracted ZIP file:
Install the TIM Python Client with
pip3 install .
Note: Additional requirements are installed during this step. It is necessary to have an active internet connection.